If your home seems to collect more dust than seems reasonable, there could be a simple solution!
Even the cleanest of homes collects dust continuously. It’s unavoidable! Tiny particles of dirt, pollen, fibers, skin flakes, and pet dander float around in the air all around us, constantly settling on surfaces and furniture. It can trigger allergic reactions and give your home a dingy, dirty look if allowed to accumulate. Airpliance has a few suggestions for reducing the amount of dust collecting around your house.
So what can you do to reduce your dusting duties? Here are some ideas from Airpliance:
- Use good quality air filters. Cheap filters are ineffective at trapping dust. Get one with a MERV rating of at least five to eight – the higher the better.
- Check your ductwork. Leaky ducts can let dust get sucked in and then blown into your living space.
- Seal windows and doors. Don’t let dust sneak in through gaps around windows and doors!
- Buy an air purifier. Carbon and HEPA filters are excellent at trapping dust and other airborne particles.
- Clean effectively. Use a microfiber cloth for dry dusting and a HEPA filter in your vacuum.
- Take your shoes off. Removing shoes when entering the home helps reduce the amount of dirt and dust tracked inside.
- Clean fabric surfaces. Upholstery and draperies collect dust, so be sure to clean furniture and curtains regularly.
- Brush your pets. Brushing your dogs or cats at least weekly will help decrease the amount of dander and hair they shed.
Contact Airpliance for Solutions
If you suspect that your HVAC system or ductwork is contributing to a dusty situation in your home, call Airpliance for an evaluation. We will take a look at your unit and let you know if the system is working properly and if you are using the correct air filter. We are the HVAC equipment and repair experts in Central Florida, ready to help residents of Davenport, Haines City, Lakeland, Winter Haven and Auburndale.