Although artificial refrigeration started in the mid-1750s, the first refrigerator for home use wasn’t invented until 1913. Today, nearly every home in Winter Haven, Florida, has some type of refrigerator in it. Unfortunately, many homeowners take this essential appliance for granted until it’s too late and their food items have spoiled.
Appliance Care for Your Refrigerator
Depending on the model you own and its size, the average lifespan for a refrigerator that has been properly maintained is between 14 and 17 years. Compact refrigerators usually operate for an average of 14 years, while a standard refrigerator can last up to 17. Here are some tips for maintaining your refrigerator for optimal appliance care.
- Check and replace the door seals as needed.
- Clean the coils and fan as often as possible.
- Keep the temperature between 37 and 40 degrees.
- Fill it up to maintain the low temperature.
- Discard old and outdated food items weekly.
Appliance Repair for Your Refrigerator
If your refrigerator breaks down, you might not have to spend thousands of dollars to replace it. Here are some of the most common problems refrigerators experience that can sometimes be repaired for a fraction of the cost.
- Your refrigerator isn’t producing cool air.
- Your refrigerator isn’t defrosting.
- Your refrigerator produces loud and strange sounds.
- Your refrigerator’s water dispenser isn’t working.
- Your refrigerator’s ice machine isn’t working.
- Your refrigerator’s defrost drain is clogged.
- Your refrigerator’s freezer is cold, but the refrigerator is warm.
Appliance Service for Your Refrigerator
For additional information about the residential and commercial appliance services we offer to Winter Haven, Florida, and the surrounding communities, or if you’re in need of an immediate appliance repair, check our services page or contact Airpliance at 863-259-6730. Our expert service technicians are standing by to take your call and repair your refrigerator.